As taking pictures of the water droplets on the leaf was not working, I thought I would try something else. I tried to capture the result of a drop of water colliding with a pool of clear, still water.
The first attempts were terrible; these two photos are the only remotely competent examples. As this was my first attempt, I wasn’t too sure what settings I would need; this may have been why the results were so poor. Unfortunately the rain stopped not long after I started shooting, so I didn’t have the time to amend the mistakes and try again.
The settings used were: F/5.6 – 1/400 sec – ISO 12800.